Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Are you getting 8?

Mac Cosmetics
As I put on my first coat of lipstick of the day, my lips would peel. How annoying. So I would have lipstick on with peeled dead skin. Yuck!

Some years ago I remember taking a trip to purchase my favorite lustreglass (fancy name for lip gloss), Ornamental, from Mac Cosmetics. I remember the day clearly. I wanted to try a new lip-liner color to compliment my gloss. Before the make-up artist applied the gloss I asked her if there was something I could purchase that would keep my lips from peeling when I put on the lustreglass.

The make-up artist had a direct stare on her face and simply said, "drink more water."

I was shocked at her response and at the time I just didn't know what else to say. I allowed her to apply the products and made my purchase. I pondered the make-up artist's response and even thought, "but I do drink a lot of water." You know the unsugar-coated truth is what you always remember right, especially when somewhere deep down you know it's the truth? Here's a great article about the benefits of drinking the proper amount of water.

Since I am now on a regular exercise plan and making an extra effort to eat healthier, one day at a time, I now monitor how much water I drink, closely. It was true, my lips were peeling because I wasn't drinking enough water. As I write, I now think about when I used to work a 9-5 and would go hours without having water because I didn't feel like getting up to get it. I remember having to rush to the hospital while pregnant because I wasn't drinking enough water and being dehydrated can cause premature labor (so I was told). Thinking of the importance of water even though I knew my body needed it; the last thing I wanted to do was keep getting up to get a cup of water and count how many cups I drank for the day. But in this fascinating world that we live in, at work, I knew someone that did count 8 cups.

A solution to the dilemma of me not wanting to go to the refrigerator every minute or count the number of cups I was drinking was to purchase a 32 oz. water bottle. I try to drink 32 ounces of water before noon and 32 ounces in the afternoon/evening and that equals 8 cups of water and I only had to fill the water bottle twice.



What are some ways that you stay hydrated throughout the day other than counting cups? Give some solutions to someone else struggling in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I will do my best to read every comment but I cannot promise that I will be able to reply to all reader comments.

Please keep all comments on-topic and relevant to the original post.

Please do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speech or solicitations of any kind.

All comments are moderated so your comment may not appear immediately.