Wednesday, October 10, 2012

1 Day Free Admission, Museum Day Live!

One of the perks of being a Sub – Urban Momma is that I can travel to national and international cultures, free, 7 days a week, from 10 am – 5:30 pm courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution.

September 29, 2012 was a national event called Museum Day Live!, hosted by the Smithsonian Magazine. Museum Day Live! gives you an opportunity to visit museums, FREE, that you would normally have to pay for. In Washington D.C. the Museums you pay for are totally privately funded museums. Two weeks ago was the first time I had ever heard of Museum Day Live! As I finished my workout and stretched, while watching local news, the advertisement for Museum Day Live! appeared. Though there is a catch to it, this day does not include all museums you have to pay for, it only includes participating museums. This is a national event so I thought I would share it. SUB-URBAN MOMMA TIP: If you haven’t already done so make a calendar or spreadsheet for your family management binder and update it with annual events for your family.

Museum Day Live! a national event
We visited the Newseum. The costs for admission for a family four pack, (two adults and two youth visitors) would have costs us $49.95 + tax. On Museum Day Live! we went free and the passes allowed us to come back the next day free.

“The Newseum — a 250,000-square-foot museum of news — features seven levels of galleries, theaters and hands-on exhibits that take museumgoers behind the scenes to experience how and why news is made.”

An e-card the kids sent to me from the Newseum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I will do my best to read every comment but I cannot promise that I will be able to reply to all reader comments.

Please keep all comments on-topic and relevant to the original post.

Please do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speech or solicitations of any kind.

All comments are moderated so your comment may not appear immediately.