Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving




I love to reflect on what I am thankful for. I have so much to be grateful for. There was a time in my life where I looked forward to Thanksgiving so I could eat. I used to more-so love eating than spending time with my family. This year, I would like to approach the holiday with more self-control and discipline. I will make wise food choices and besides GERD is no joke for me. I am not trying to feel the pain of over-eating. As I think about this I know I will want to eat a whole sweet potato pie like it’s nobody’s business but my own. Some people will think, “Go ahead and treat yourself for one day.” I am going to stay true to my own convictions. Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. I will not be mastered by anything and I desire to eat to live not live to eat.

I guess I am putting it out there so that the world can hold me accountable.

Today I had the pleasure of making a very small Thanksgiving Lunch. We had Rotisserie chicken, green beans, whole wheat rolls, and mashed potatoes. Later on we plan on having dinner at my mother's house.  That's where the real battle will begin. I believe I am prepared more than ever before. Pray for me!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I will do my best to read every comment but I cannot promise that I will be able to reply to all reader comments.

Please keep all comments on-topic and relevant to the original post.

Please do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speech or solicitations of any kind.

All comments are moderated so your comment may not appear immediately.