Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Year, New Home Order!

I wanted to share this link with you. It’s from a ministry called Above Rubies. I was introduced to the Above Rubies ministry through attending a local Homemaker’s ministry meeting at a church. The article is titled “Order in the Home.” Sounds daunting almost like an article reminding you of how bad you are for keeping a dirty home and how ill-mannered your children are. GOOD NEWS, it’s not. I found this article very encouraging, flexible (adjustable to your family), full of wisdom with great suggestions and examples we can all relate to as parents whether you work from home, even if you are a dad, out of the home, or are a homemaker. What I liked most about the article was pointing out the different seasons we face. “Do you have younger children? Do the basics!” And also, “Start training early.” I read it from time to time just to see where I am and for encouragement. If you want to change your home for the New Year or you are a new mom and need some help and encouragement and just to know and understand you are not alone I implore you to read it.



MONICA’S STORY:

There were so many days in my life where I beat myself up and thought why can’t I get it right? Why can’t my home be clean again? If you are a certified people-pleaser (which I was and still fight against) I was miserable because I could not please my husband by keeping a clean home. There was tension in my marriage 8 years ago because it was hard for me to adjust to having a new baby and being a wife. The sympathetic husband was not on my side of the boxing ring supporting me, if you know what I mean. Nonetheless I had no truthful, loving, mature, support to teach me as a new mother. I guess I take that back, at the time I was so prideful I did not seek any truthful, loving, mature women to help me however I have come across moms that like to flex and tell me how bad of a mom I am. Their way is the only way and best way and how my kids don’t measure up with their kids instead of loving me enough to give me some HELP! I know we've all run into those types of moms, hopefully, I myself won't do that to another mother. Let me state that also, be ready personally to receive and accept help because sometimes we can be that way too; so prideful we don’t want to ask or so jealous. Less hate, more love! How can I foget the exhaustion I felt going to work full-time, at one point nursing, having a husband and a home without any structure. I was lost stressed and tired. Through prayer, change was occurring and finally when I resigned from working full-time, nearly 3 years ago I began to see the greatest transformations being made in our family due to my full surrender to God, prayer and fellowship with women in my same situation. If I could put a happy formula together that works it would be

God (HONEST Surrender) + Prayer + Support = JOY

Note: usually there’s no magic formula but really cast you cares on the Lord, he will sustain you!

I struggled with teaching my kids how to clean. There was a time when I would not allow them to clean because I felt they wouldn’t do it right and I would have to do it over. I am so glad that those days are over but I encourage you to read this article, entirely, to find gentle truthfulness, good ideas, and encouragement. Yes, you can do it! You can be consistent and sane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I will do my best to read every comment but I cannot promise that I will be able to reply to all reader comments.

Please keep all comments on-topic and relevant to the original post.

Please do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speech or solicitations of any kind.

All comments are moderated so your comment may not appear immediately.